Our guest this episode is Jerry Yudelson who, in 2011, Wired magazine named the “Godfather of Green”, talking about reinventing green building.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Buildings as information devices
- LEED certification and why it is not working
- The difference between standards and codes in one sentence!
And much more……
Jerry Yudelson, PE, MS, MBA, LEED AP, is one of the America’s leading experts on green buildings, and is the Principal of Yudelson Associates.
Jerry is a Registered Professional Engineer in Oregon, and a USGBC LEED AP since 2001. Jerry has an MBA from the University of Oregon, engaged in PhD studies in Environmental Engineering Science at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), and in Graduate Studies as a Rotary Foundation Fellow in Civil Engineering, Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Germany. Jerry has an MS in Environmental Engineering from Harvard University, and a BS in Civil Engineering from Caltech.
Jerry is author of 13 books* on green building, green development, green homes and water conservation. He served on the national board of the USGBC, and was named by the U.S. Green Building Council to the inaugural group of 34 LEED Fellows. In 2011, Wired magazine named him the “Godfather of Green”. As a keynote speaker, Jerry Yudelson has addressed nearly 100 green building, sustainable development and water efficiency conferences in 12 countries since 2006.
As one of the original 10 LEED national faculty members, from 2001 to 2008, Jerry trained more than 3,500 people in the LEED rating system. For the U.S. Green Building Council, from 2004 through 2009, he chaired Greenbuild, the country’s largest green building conference. In 2006, the U.S. General Services Administration named him a “National Peer Professional.”
Jerry is an expert in the LEED green building rating system and provides his clients with expert guidance on creating, developing, designing and certifying green development projects and corporate sustainability programs. He has more than 25 years of experience with renewable energy systems, green building design, environmental remediation and water conservation.
For more information on Jerry and his work:
Jerry Yudelson’s Books:
- Reinventing Green Building, 2016
- The Worlds Greenest Buildings: Promise Vs. Performance in Sustainable Design,2013
- Dry Run: Preventing the Next Urban Water Crisis, 2010
- Green Building Trends: Europe, 2009
- Sustainable Retail Development: New Success Strategies, 2009
- Greening Existing Buildings, 2009
- Green Buildings Through Integrated Design, 2008
- Choosing Green: The Home Buyer’s Guide to Good Green Homes, 2008
- Marketing Green Building Services: Strategies for Success, 2007
- The Green Building Revolution, 2007
- Green Building, A to Z: Understanding the Language of Green Building, 2007
- Developing Green: Strategies for Success, 2006
- Marketing Green Buildings: Guide for Engineering, Construction, Architecture, 2006
- The Insider’s Guide to Marketing Green Buildings, 2005