Our guest this episode is Jerry Yudelson talking about his new book and life as the “Godfather of Green”.
If you enjoy this episode, share it with friends and give us a review on iTunes.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Is what you know and what you do consist?
- How LEED is the “son of” BREEAM
- How we are not our work, we are bigger than our work
- How it is not enough to be against something, you need to also be for something in the form of service to others
And much more……
For more information on Jerry:
Book Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hQxRhTiagw
Get the Book: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1948018721
Jerry Yudelson, PE, MS, MBA, LEED AP, is one of the America’s leading experts on green buildings and is the Principal of Yudelson Associates.
Jerry is a Registered Professional Engineer in Oregon, and a USGBC LEED AP since 2001. Jerry has an MBA from the University of Oregon, engaged in PhD studies in Environmental Engineering Science at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), and in Graduate Studies as a Rotary Foundation Fellow in Civil Engineering, Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Germany. Jerry has an MS in Environmental Engineering from Harvard University, and a BS in Civil Engineering from Caltech.
Jerry is author of 15 books* on green building, green development, green homes and water conservation. He served on the national board of the USGBC and was named by the U.S. Green Building Council to the inaugural group of 34 LEED Fellows. In 2011, Wired magazine named him the “Godfather of Green”. As a keynote speaker, Jerry Yudelson has addressed nearly 100 green building, sustainable development and water efficiency conferences in 12 countries since 2006.
As one of the original 10 LEED national faculty members, from 2001 to 2008, Jerry trained more than 3,500 people in the LEED rating system. For the U.S. Green Building Council, from 2004 through 2009, he chaired Greenbuild, the country’s largest green building conference. In 2006, the U.S. General Services Administration named him a “National Peer Professional.”
Jerry is an expert in the LEED green building rating system and provides his clients with expert guidance on creating, developing, designing and certifying green development projects and corporate sustainability programs. He has more than 25 years of experience with renewable energy systems, green building design, environmental remediation and water conservation.
Jerry Yudelson’s Books:
- The Godfather of Green: An Eco-Spiritual Memoir, 2020
- Reinventing Green Building, 2016
- The Worlds Greenest Buildings: Promise Vs. Performance in Sustainable Design, 2013
- Dry Run: Preventing the Next Urban Water Crisis, 2010
- Green Building Trends: Europe, 2009
- Sustainable Retail Development: New Success Strategies, 2009
- Greening Existing Buildings, 2009
- Green Buildings Through Integrated Design, 2008
- Choosing Green: The Home Buyer’s Guide to Good Green Homes, 2008
- Marketing Green Building Services: Strategies for Success, 2007
- The Green Building Revolution, 2007
- Green Building, A to Z: Understanding the Language of Green Building, 2007
- Developing Green: Strategies for Success, 2006
- Marketing Green Buildings: Guide for Engineering, Construction, Architecture, 2006
- The Insider’s Guide to Marketing Green Buildings, 2005
Edifice Complex Podcast
Podcast on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDGEo1pCt2k8NzvBNJ_78lA
Podcast on Apple iTunes https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/edifice-complex-podcast/id1276845500