Our guests for this special episode are:
Orla Hegarty, Architect, Assistant Professor at School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy, University College Dublin Ireland
Dr. Christine Peters, Consultant NHS Clinical Microbiologist, Scotland UK
David Elfstrom, Independent Energy Engineer, Toronto Canada
This is a panel discussion talking about the building related impacts and lessons learned from the pandemic and also what needs to change to moving forwards. Imagine an Architect, Doctor and Engineer walk into a bar, have a few drinks then talk about making buildings better, specifically hospitals.
If you enjoy the Edifice Complex, please subscribe on YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDGEo1pCt2k8NzvBNJ_78lA/videos ) and / or leave a review at Apple ( https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/edifice-complex-podcast/id1276845500 ), it helps more than you know.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Minimums that are actually maximums
- Loss of historical memory and practice
- Under engineering and over occupying buildings
- Taking a “triage” approach to buildings issues
- Buildings being about property and not people!
- Importance of an integrated design team approach
- Possible solutions to some of our problems with buildings
And much more…….
Edifice Complex Podcast & Sponsors
Podcast on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDGEo1pCt2k8NzvBNJ_78lA