Quality, Consequences and the Construction Industrial Complex (part 335).
Our guest this episode is Shawna Henderson CEO of Blue House Energy talking about building science and opportunities for women in construction.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Breaking glass ceilings as a female in construction
- The “cult” of residential home ownership
- The coming performance based building codes
- The need to educate home owners
And much more…….
For more information on Shawna
- Shawna on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnahenderson/
- Shawna on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shawnahenders19
- Blue House Energy: https://bluehouseenergy.com/
- Bfreehomes Design Ltd: http://bfreehomes.com/wp/
Shawna is a self-professed building science wonk, working in the field of energy-efficiency and housing since 1992. Passionate about building science and energy efficiency and how collaboration and cross-pollenization can make the residential construction industry a bigger, better piece of the sustainability puzzle.
Shawna is CEO of Blue House Energy and CEO of Bfreehomes Design Ltd. Shawna has presented at regional and national conferences on everything from deep energy retrofits to solar thermal system design and is the author of books related to sustainable housing (The Cool Climate Solar Home Design Manual, 2010, The Canadian Solar Home Design Manual, 2009).
Edifice Complex Podcast & Sponsors
Podcast on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDGEo1pCt2k8NzvBNJ_78lA